Some tools I find very useful when working remotely (everthing is free unless explicitely stated):
- RescueTime: allows you to track your time and start FocusTime sessions to block all kind of distractions (FocusTime comes with the premium vesion, for $9/month):: https://www.rescuetime.com/
- Don't touch ya face: if you have habits you want to get rid of, or be safe in times of pandemic, try donttouchyaface, it's free and privacy preserving: https://www.donttouchyaface.com/
- Anti-RSI: reminds you to look away from the screen every now and then, and to take breaks ($4.99): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/antirsi/id442007571?mt=12
- Grokker: well being and sport at home: https://www.grokker.com/
- ScratchWork: the best shared dashboard I've found so far: https://app.scratchwork.io/
Some habits that are even more valuable when being remote:
- Meditation: I highly recommend Sam Harriss' app: Waking Up ($15/month, but you can get it for free if you don't have much money and send a nice email).
- Sport: at least once every other day. It doesn't have to be intense, but you'll need this endorphins shoot.
- Gratitude journal: social interaction is of paramount importance when working remotely. A great way to enhance it is to write daily in a gratitude journal.