Some tools I find very useful when working remotely (everthing is free unless explicitely stated):
- RescueTime: allows you to track your time and start FocusTime sessions to block all kind of distractions (FocusTime comes with the premium vesion, for $9/month).
- Don't touch ya face: if you have habits you want to get rid of, or be safe in times of pandemic, try donttouchyaface, it's free and privacy preserving.
- Anti-RSI: reminds you to look away from the screen every now and then, and to take breaks ($4.99).
- ScratchWork and Excalidraw: the best shared dashboards I've found so far.
Some habits that are even more valuable when working remotely:
- Meditation: I highly recommend Sam Harris' app: Waking Up ($15/month, but you can get it for free if you don't have much money and send a nice email).
- Sport: at least once every other day. It doesn't have to be intense, but you'll need the endorphins.
- Gratitude journal: social interaction is so important when working remotely. A great way to keep it up is to write daily in a gratitude journal.